The product of the future UCL spin-off company is a 3-dimensional osteogenic structure from autologous adipose stem cells, which reconstructs, without scaffold, critical size bone defects. This new technology is subject to a patent application and clinical trials are ongoing.
Principal duties :
Your role will be to become the CEO of a biotech start-up, upon successful closing of the 1st financing round. You will be responsible for setting-up and managing the new biotech company active in the development of innovative treatments, which includes the following responsibilities:
- Finalize the business plan of the future spin-off together with the LTTO team, scientists and business mentors and execute the strategy
- Articulate the vision of the company with a focus on creating value for the shareholders and to recommend to the board the adoption of strategic plan consistent with the vision of the company
- Recruit, develop and maintain an effective organizational structure that reflects operational needs, i.e. to transfer the technologies from the lab to the company, to set-up and to develop the production processes, to coordinate the necessary actions for the product registration processes, to implement a pro-active IP strategy, to implement appropriate systems and procedures to mitigate risks, etc
- Raise capital and market the company to potential public/private lenders and shareholders
- Communicate and promote positive relationships with all stakeholders of the company
- Identify partnerships, licensing deals and business opportunities which are consistent with the vision and strategic plan of the company
- You have a proven track record in the Biotech/Biomedical industry with at least 10 years of experience as a CEO or a similar senior position. Experience with cellular therapies and in regenerative medicine is considered to be an asset.
- You have a Ph.D in Sciences/ Biomedical Sciences or an equivalent degree in Bioengineering. A MBA would be an additional asset.
MBA’s with a solid scientific background and/or a good understanding of the biotech industry will also be considered.
- You can rely on a well-connected professional network in the scientific community, the life-science industry and in the investor/financial community.
- You have an excellent work ethic and are an effective leader;
- You are diplomatic with great interpersonal and negotiating skills.
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- You are an enthusiastic, driven and entrepreneurial professional
- Fluency in French and English is a requirement. Knowledge of Dutch would be an asset.
If you are interested by the challenging job application, send your resumé, motivation letter and references to firstname.lastname@example.org, your data will remain strictly confidential.